Sunday 4 July 2010

Tree Planting Canada 2010

For the past month I have been tree planting in and around Prince george in British Colombia in Canada, I did this last year as I was told that the pay for seasonal work.

Last year I was on Katies crew of 12 people and as it was my rookie year the pay was alright, but not great. This year however and as my planting skills have improved my daily pay has skyrocketed from averaging $100 - $150 a day last year to upwards of $250 a day working with Babs crew of about 12 people. Three of the guys i worked with last year Chris, Cole and Alex came back this year that certainly made coming back easier. The work is incredibly tedious and stressful on your body because your working as hard as you can all day to plant the trees and make good money, its generally 4 days on and 1 day off and the days you plant the one thing we all look forward to is whats for dinner. Dinner is cooked by our camp cook Judy who makes excellent food and there is always more than enough to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment